Luxe Burn Tips
In order to get the best out of your Luxe candle, we recommend the below pro burn tips.
- For a first time burn, set aside at least 2-3 hours minimum burn time to establish an even melt pool and prevent tunneling. Candle wax has memory and will "remember" the melting pattern, so if a candle isn't given proper first burn time, it will continue to tunnel. If you happen to miss out on a full melt pool--just burn your candle next time for a long time to get that melt pool going (but no more than 4 hours is recommended).
- To prevent smokiness, always trim the wick before each use. The wick should be about 1/4 inch - if the wick is too short, it will not have a large enough flame for a proper melt, but if wick is too long, then it will be smoky. Be sure to cut off the burnt bits with a pair of scissors, clean nail clippers or a wick trimmer. If you are relighting your candle and flame is too high, then your wick requires a bit more trimming.
- Do not burn a candle for more than 4 hours--avoids soot.
- Never leave your candle unattended.
- Do not extinguish the candle with the decorative lid.
For wick patent information: woodenwick.com/patents